A tenant improvement for Leavitt Family Dental located in Atascadero has completed. The commercial T.I. consisted of an all new layout featuring a reception area...
Tailored Services To Meet Your Specific Needs
ArchitectureGFH Architecture represents over four decades of innovative and forward-thinking designs and construction experience on the Central Coast.
PlanningGFH Architecture has extensive experience in developing strategic plans for our clients present needs with an eye toward expansion and the future.
Together we can create your next cost-effective functional design.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Phase 4
- Phase 5
- Phase 6
- Meet with key project individuals
- Familiarize ourselves with existing reports, zoning and code constraints
- From this information, we then talk further with the Client, Agencies, and Community (if deemed appropriate) to finalize the scope of work, the site and building program
- We use Take-Part Workshops as a methodology for building group consensus for large projects
- After the program is firmly established, we develop two or three schematic designs
- We hold discussions with individual Clients, or staff and relevant decision makers to determine the preferred scheme
- We have the capability to represent schematic ideas with drawings, diagrams, or computer aid methods or models, if desired
- We establish the First Estimate of Probable Cost at the schematic design phase
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Design development takes place when the Client approves the schematic design
- We produce hard-line drawings to describe the size and character of the project
- We review a copy of the Design review submittal package with the Client
- We represent the Client through the Design Review process, sometimes involving neighborhood or community meetings to explain the project and answer questions as required
- The major portion of our work begins after we receive design review approval
- We produce detailed construction drawings and coordinate with consultants
- When work is 50% completed, we coordinate w/ Client’s GC to establish a cost estimate for any value engineering that may be needed, addressing any budget concerns
- Also at the 50% stage, there is a client/staff review of the construction documents
BIDDING & NEGOTIATIONS
- We continue to assist the Client in the bid process
- Respond to questions, assisting the Client in administering the bid
- Once the bid is awarded, we hold a meeting with the Client, the Contractor, and our Team to agree on processes and goals for the construction phase
CONSTRUCTION(limited to full service available, depending upon scope and size project)
- During the construction phase, we can answer requests for information, administer submittals, meet with the Client and the Contractor on a regularly established basis
- We would review change order requests and make payment recommendations to the Client
- We will remain very detail-oriented during the construction phase, assuring that each project stays true to the design vision and remains cost-conscience, creating the optimal result for each job
- Provide & coordinate with General Contractor (GC) for final inspection/close-out services, if necessary
"Gary was able to accurately cost out the options we were considering in a way that made it possible to make the best decisions for our family and our wallet.
We love our home and visitors always comment on the unique beauty and livability of our home. We highly recommend Gary Harcourt to anyone considering his services."- T Lawrie, Client
“Gary Harcourt designed an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) that we built for a client. Gary’s plan made great use of the site’s orientation on the property and made great use of the limited space.
The ADU feels spacious, light and efficient. The project went smoothly from start to finish and the architect should get much of the credit for that.”- Anonymous, Builder
"The ADU really turned out well. You have a keen eye for how to efficiently use space, while adding interesting lines and incorporating creative use of light. It was a fun build! I’ll keep you in mind for future projects. It seems like you have a wealth of experience and knowledge which is invaluable to us builders."- Marc Susskind, MS Builders
“Excellent and timely service. Never had to wonder if our best interests were being served, or if there were ‘new’ or ‘complicated’ issues requiring additional time and expense. I highly recommend gfh Architecture and more specifically, Gary Harcourt if you're in search of an Architect for your specific project.”- Anonymous, Client
Whether you’re a new homeowner or simply looking to improve your existing space, we can help you achieve your goals. View some of our Featured Remodels...
This 1,200 s.f. two-story custom beach house which began as a remodel of an existing vacant home located near the water’s edge in Shell Beach is nearing completion...
This featured gallery highlights one of our marketing campaigns we put together dating as far back as April 2019. Our mission was to highlight and...
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from all of us at gfh Architecture. We appreciate working with you and hope that the holidays and the coming year will bring...
One of our more recent projects consisted of converting an existing Skilled Nursing Facility to a Congregate and Hospice Care Facility. The conversion...